Thursday, October 4, 2012

Thirsty Thursday - Lemon Honey Green Tea

I am going to be completely honest with y'all. This Thursday snuck up on me. I knew it was going to be my turn for a thirsty Thursday recipe, so this weekend I picked up green tea figuring I would do something with it. But as of yesterday night I had no idea. So I went back to the store grabbed a bunch of things and came back home to start trying things out. 

I knew I wanted a citrus-y green tea, but the only recipes I could find were a lipton copy cat recipe and I didn't want to copy cat, I just wanted something I could see myself drinking. Green tea is another one of those things I want to like it so bad, but I just can't force myself to drink a glass of it. So after many attempts I came up with Lemon Honey Green Tea. 


Okay just so I don't get y'all confused this recipe is going to be for one glass. But in the beginning I brewed a few glasses worth of tea, because I was a mad scientist in the kitchen having to try out different green tea concoctions.  

You will need:



Green tea
Water
Lemon (or lemon juice)
Honey
Sugar

First bring a cup of water to a boil, then remove from heat and seep one tea bag in the water for 3 to 5 minutes depending on how strong you like your tea. Remember I was making multiple cups that's why I have 4 tea bags. Also please don't hate on my super old pot. I bet y'all can guess what I'm asking for Christmas.




Pour your tea in a glass and add 1 or 2 tablespoons of sugar, depending on how sweet you want your tea to be. Keep in mind you're still going to be adding honey, so if you don't want the tea very sweet you can just skip this step. 


Next add 2 or 3 teaspoons of lemon juice, fresh squeezed or from a bottle.


Then add 1 or 2 tablespoons of honey. I added 2. 


Stir it all up and serve over ice, chilled, or warm. I think it would probably do wonders served warm to a sore throat. 


 Just keep in mind if you add ice to the hot tea it will water it down a bit. But it was really good. I kept going around handing glasses to every body getting opinions. When Melissa tasted this one she said "and there it is". It's very smooth and soothing. I definitely believe this is how I will be drinking my green tea from now on. 


1 comment:

  1. I drink 4 cups of green tea daily. It makes you feel refreshed and energized. Has helped me loose ponds of weight. When applied on to your face it leaves your skin glowing and beautiful. Thus, green tea has many advantages hence consume green tea on daily basis to live a longer, a healthier and a better life. Green tea with lemon and honey looks so good and refreshing :)


    ReplyDelete

Happy Crafting!

Megan@ Whimsically Homemade