Thursday, October 11, 2012

Masquerade Tutorial - Blood Punch

So at the party we served our Amaretto Sours and a non-alcoholic punch, which was pretty well received by everyone. But the thing I love the most about the punch, being so close to Halloween was that it looked like blood! Now I must apologize because I made the punch as I was decorating, Megan and Melissa were cooking, so I was doing the tablescape and making punch and moving furniture all at the same time, and I completely forgot to take pictures! So I only have the final picture. 


You will need: 

2 packages of strawberry Koolaid
1 46 oz can pineapple juice
1 1/2 cups sugar 
8 cups of water
1 liter gingerale 

Now this recipe makes a lot. We had to make half of it in the punch bowl and half in a back up pitcher. So you can scale the recipe to however many people your going to have. Also, you can use different flavors of koolaid. If you wanted a darker red, try cherry koolaid. Or if for a different type of party, you can match the koolaid color to the party since the koolaid is what gives the punch it's color. 

Mix the koolaid, sugar, pineapple juice, and water together. Stir well to dissolve koolaid and sugar. 
Then stir in the gingerale. 

That's it! Couldn't be simpler! Think of the time saved at your next party just by making a 5 minute punch! Hope you all enjoy! I think next time I make it I will make a pink and a purple version for Scarlett's birthday party. 


4 comments:

  1. This is sufficiently gross looking to really intrigue my grandsons. I'm looking forward to making it with them. Thanks for sharing this good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How could someone make this a little thicker to make it more like blood?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good question, Vanessa. I bet you could add a box or 2 of red jello mix to it and boil 1 to 2 cups of the 8 cups of water. You'll need to dissolve the jello in the boiling water first before adding any other ingredients. You might need to cut down on the rest of the ingredients because it might water down the thickness. I'm really not sure on this will work since I've never tried it myself. If you give it a shot please let us know!

      Delete
  3. What a perfect Halloween idea this is! I've featured it in my "Halloween Meals" blog post so that others can stop by and be inspired too. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Happy Crafting!

Megan@ Whimsically Homemade