Friday, October 19, 2012

Favorite Finds Friday {24}

Wahooo!!! It's Friday! And I am back! For now anyway, going on a cruise next week with some fam for my birthday! The only thing that sucks about it is that Alex can't go. BOO! But he still thinks I'll have tons of fun! So, Halloween is right around the corner and it's my FAVORITE holiday! Even more so that Christmas! I do not lie. But sadly, I will not be here for Halloween this year because of said cruise. But I do get to do some pumpkin carving and I might celebrate Halloween a tad bit early just for fun. So before we get started on this week's favorite finds, I wanna share with you a little Halloween humor.







And my two favorites that I just laughed and laughed over.






Whimsically Homemade
Whimsically Homemade
If you were featured we ask you pretty please to grab a button. It's not mandatory, but it would be nice. We follow all blogs that are featured through most media sites. (Facebook, Twitter, GFC, etc...)


Megan's Picks


1. Haunted Tree Tutorial via 102 Wicked Things To Do. So, keeping with the Halloween theme all my picks are Halloween related. And nothing screams Halloween like this haunted tree. Like OMG you guys! I want one soooo bad now! This thing is amazingly awesome and creative. I would have never in a million years think of this and if I had...I wouldn't have been able to pull it off!



2. Wicked Witch of the West Cookies via Purple Chocolat Home. These cookies are to die for! And so perfect for almost any Halloween party! And the great tutorial that Jacqueline gives is perfect!





3. Halloween Advent Calendar via Make It Give It. Yep! I'm making one of these for next year since I'm Halloween crazy! It's so spooky, wonderful, and so much detail! AHHH I love it!





Emily's Picks



1. DIY Apothecary Jar via Creative ConfettiOkay who has gone to the store and sneered at the prices of apothecary jars? I love the look of this one, made for so cheap too! I probably have 5 pickle jars already since I never want to throw them out.



2. Hummingbird Cake With Petals Tutorial via Bird On A CakeFor one, the cake it's self looks delish! But for two, I always wondered how to do that frosting technique and now I know! 






3. DIY Antique Paper via Curbly.How easy does this look? Super easy and I love love love how  the paper turns out, definitely going to be doing this sometime! 






Melissa's Picks


1.Halloween/Fall Bowl via PaperVine. This is a really neat looking bowl! I like it cause you can customize it to your own personal preference. You could make one to put candy in for all the little trick-or-treaters, or you could put gourds in it and use the bowl as a centerpiece. Plus with different looking scrapbook paper, you could use this bowl all year round. 




2. DIY Chalkboard Paint Fridge via Erin Lauray. Say what! How awesome would this be?! Especially if you have kids that like to draw on the walls. Kids still do that, right? Or if you want to remember what your meal plan is for the week, you can just write it on the fridge. Cool beans! 





3. Pumpkin Butter via Skinnytaste. Mmm! I've only tried this a few times in my life, but its so delicious. And oh so fall! 



So, favorite finds comes to an end. But there is always next week! Please be sure to visit all of our wonderful picks this week. And if you have some thing you wanna share with us you can always hop over to our Mixer Monday linky party or email us! You can find our contact information on the contact page on the navigation bar! See you tomorrow for the Saturday Social Blog Hop!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for featuring my cake! Hope you have a fabulous weekend! BTW, I love all your little owls. :0)

    ReplyDelete

Happy Crafting!

Megan@ Whimsically Homemade