Saturday, June 30, 2012

Green Bean and Bacon Goodness

Lately, Alex and I have gone on this green bean kick. It's weird for me because I hate green beans. I absolutely despised them. However, I have discovered that it's not all green beans I hate. It just happens to be canned green beans I find so offending. I guess it's because the canned ones are just too salty for me and that's kind of a turn off. But fresh green beans that I have to trim myself and no can opener is needed, now those are just as tasty as can be. Anyway... green bean kick. I've tried several different recipes with green beans as the main star, but this one really took the cake.  Since I made this the first time, Alex has asked for them for dinner almost every night. I can't really blame him. They are pretty good and very pleasing to the eye. I probably found about three or four similar recipes to this one, but by the end of searching I kinda just went with my own thing and it turned out pretty good. So without further delay I would like to introduce Bacon Wrapped Green Beans.





Ingredients:

8 to 12 slices bacon cut in half
1-2 green beans trimmed
4 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon brown sugar

Directions:



1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.


2. Separate your trimmed green beans into piles of six.


3. Take one slice of your halved bacon and roll up one of you green piles up with it. Place on a foiled cookie sheet and set aside.


4. In a medium saucepan melt 4 tablespoons butter and 1 tablespoon brown sugar. 


5. Using a pastry brush, brush on brown sugar and butter mixture on your green bean wraps.


6. Bake in preheated oven 35-40 minutes.


Tastiness! It's pretty simple recipe. The most time consuming part is trimming and wrapping up the green beans. But let me tell ya, it sure is worth it! You guys let me know how you like them.









1 comment:

  1. I am enjoying following your blog. Have a great week.

    PS It would be super if you followed me back.

    ReplyDelete

Happy Crafting!

Megan@ Whimsically Homemade